Monday, November 21, 2011

Disclosing Your Affair To Your Social Circle


A very difficult decision that centers on infidelity is who a betrayed partner discloses information regarding the affair to. This is a decision that could come back to haunt you at a later point. I found that if you decide to attempt reconciliation friends and family are not so forgiving towards a wandering partner as you may choose to be. As you can probably expect tell only those you absolutely trust and as few people as possible. You will be surprised by the number of people who probably already know or suspected something was happening. My ex-girlfriend lost close friends and the respect of my friends with her decision to cheat. I had to talk several female friends from beginning physical altercations with my girlfriend, my family really never accepted her for the next few months while we tried to reconcile and my girlfriend was upset that I allowed friends and family to know about her affairs. In time these emotions settle down but the trust for your partner is harder to establish among friends than it is for yourself during reconciliation. Friends and family are usually there to support you but the relationship between family and the cheating partner are often frayed for a long time. Often is difficult to hide the emotional trauma and pain from those close to you but be very careful who you allow into your inner circle with details regarding an affair. Some individuals even though they are your friends or family have no ability to keep information between confidants. As information becomes passed around the story inevitably becomes distorted and the situation may even end up being reversed with you being the bad one who cheated in the rumor mill. It is disturbing enough to have many know that you are involved in an affair or your partner is engaging in an affair but these types of events often begin to create a life of their own once the story is let loose by a few gossip hounds. I have been a party to a few of these nuggets of information in the workplace and it has always astonished me how many people want details, timelines and the names of those involved. The pain of infidelity is difficult enough without your most intimate personal life being bantered around in gossip pretending to feel sorry for you. In situations like an affair you find out who your real friends are and who your illusionary friends are.

1 comment:

  1. I was introduced to Robinsonbucler {@} gmail. com and God so kind this Man brought my Lover back In less than 3 days, i saw wonders, my Lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle… am so happy.. thanks to Mr Robinson buckler for saving my life. Mr Robinson is the best I’ve ever met! Thanks, thanks thanks……………

    ReplyDelete