Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thoughts of a Revenge Affair


The emotions that came to the surface for me immediately after realizing I had been cheated on was anger and wanting to enact some sort of revenge towards my girlfriend. Feelings of revenge only lead to poor choices because most individuals cannot see past anything other than following through with revenge. I quickly thought of situations that I could utilize to quickly have my own affair out of revenge. I was in college when my girlfriend cheated on me and my girlfriend had a few friends at times that appeared a little flirtatious towards me. I was a decent looking guy and I could have looked for opportunities at college parties or other social college events but declined this idea after a few minutes of rational thought. I was tempted to check out these possibilities but as I played out the scenarios in my mind after engaging in sex with someone else I would end up being in the exact same place in the relationship that I found myself in after sex with another person. I wanted to hurt my girlfriend emotionally but what kind of a hypocrite would I be if I went out testing the waters for a one night stand just to harm someone that I still did care for? We obviously had a very complicated road in front of us if I were to choose reconciliation. Why place more barriers in front of our relationship and why bring an innocent person into our flawed relationship just to hurt my girlfriend. If someone decides to have a revenge affair a number of things can go wrong. First your significant other can state that now that you have had your revenge affair that the two of you are even and now it is just time to move forward. A person having a revenge affair could catch an STD or initiate feelings of a relationship from the person that they had sex with when they had no intention of doing so. Your partner may accuse you of having a serious affair for lengthy period of time that only now you are admitting to as a result of finding out about your significant others affair. Revenge affairs really make no sense unless you want to hurt someone before exiting the relationship and even then it is completely infantile. Most people are better than that and have more maturity in problem solving difficult situations in relationships. Revenge affairs seldom play out in the manner that you believe they will. I found the best revenge I ever returned to my cheating ex-girlfriend was years later after seeing her with my new girlfriend and watching her view my happiness with another person whom I could trust.

1 comment:

  1. If you know you not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife, i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my spy on my wifes phone.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all my her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to Mr James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 


    ReplyDelete