Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Trust Your Gut Feelings When It Comes To Cheater


One thing I noticed in my experience of dating a cheater is that once I began to have that gut feeling that something was not right with my girlfriend at the time; I began to notice so many things that I had not noticed before. I was young and inexperienced with how to confront a cheater and just asked her point blank if she was cheating. I was called paranoid, accused of not having trust in her or our relationship, and the fact that I confronted her was even used as an excuse for more space on her part. It is very easy to dismiss accusations of infidelity without any real proof but that initial feeling that something was wrong is often the single biggest clue that something is wrong. Do not let your guard down or second guess your feelings on matters related to your partner cheating. Once I had my feelings that something was not right I began noticing unusual circumstances in our apartment. Angela, my ex-girlfriend, was 5'3 and about 115 pounds and once I became suspicious I noticed pizza boxes and large carryout orders from local restaurants which was weird for such a small woman. I started noticing recently lit candles in our bedroom that were in the living room a few days earlier and the excuses for this new arrangement were absurd. We used to split the phone bill for our phone carrier and suddenly she was willing to pick up the bill completely. Previous to my feelings about Angela and her cheating, I would bet these items were there but I was not at all worried or troubled by feelings of her cheating. I began keeping a list of things that I felt were suspicious and once my list began to become longer than a page I knew I was right in my feelings about Angela's cheating. Several months later I began to look through some of her belongings and I found letters to and from an ex-boyfriend whom lived a few hours away. She was visiting this city for continuing education credits twice a month for college. I contacted the department head of her major and he was unaware of the continuing education program I had been told of. I began fact checking every statement she gave me about everything and routinely found lies or holes in her stories. Her secret life was unraveling for her and she denied all the evidence and accusations until the end. She had great poise and somewhat conceivable answers for all of my questions and I so badly wanted to believe her but there was just too much circumstantial evidence pointing towards her cheating. About six months after my first gut feeling I returned home unexpected from an overnight shift to find my girlfriend scantily dressed with another man in our bed. The point of this entry is to trust your own judgment and do not allow a person you feel is cheating on you to limit or second guess your feelings. Cheaters lie and do so with great composure and believability. Check every statement and fact you can if you feel your partner is cheating. If you are suspicious that your partner is cheating begin to keep a sharp eye out on them and become familiar with the signs of cheating. If they are cheating they will screw up sooner or later. If I could go back and do this situation all over again with Angela, I would have devised a better exit strategy and not wasted so much time attempting to repair an obviously flawed relationship. I was lucky, I had not married this woman, we did not have any kids, so I was not rooted in place with this woman. As time has gone by I at times thank Angela for this situation in my heart and mind. I was naïve, completely trusting, and put up with things I should have never put up with before she cheated on me. That all changed for that current relationship with Angela and every relationship after that. Never allow yourself to be anyone's doormat.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone! If you require the service of a professional hacker to help track your partner's cell phone remotely, contact cyberhackanswers @ gmail com, he was excellent in helping me hack my wife’s phone without physical contact. you can also reach him on WhatsApp on +1 626-578-5544 , tell him James referred you he would give you a discount.

    ReplyDelete