Friday, September 30, 2011

Cheater Transparency


If couple is dedicated towards repairing a relationship after an affair it is important that both couples work towards this goal. For this to occur it is important that there is a measure of transparency from the partner that cheated. Transparency is the act of giving access to things that are normally private in a relationship such as phone records, e-mails, cell phones and even passwords to other private accounts. Transparency is also the act of self-reporting and disclosing information in all areas of the relationship. Affairs are often organized and carried out in secret. A cheating partner allowing full access to otherwise private areas of their lives is an act of good faith to prove trustworthiness so that the individual who cheated does not continue the affair with the person they had an inappropriate relationship with or the cheater does not begin a new affair. This is an opportunity as a couple to communicate needs, feelings and expectations in rebuilding the relationship. This is a chance for the relationship to mend through the building of trust which will take a lot of time. The betrayed partner is not to be monitored forever but until trust is earned some due diligence in the manner many affairs are conducted should remain open for complete access by the betrayed partner. If the cheating partner objects I see this as a communication breach and not fully attempting to work on rebuilding the relationship. Transparency is not meant to be punitive towards the cheater but an agreement to prove that trust is being rebuilt. The cheater partner is disconnecting from the affair partner and rebuilding a relationship that was lost as a result of their cheating behaviors. I believe that both partners should set a reasonable time table for the full transparency phase to end. I would set this period no less than six-months. All too often the cheating partner feels that the betrayed partner should just get over the infidelity and move forward with the relationship that was present before the affair. Cheaters often fail to recognize the amount of damage that their behaviors cause towards the partner that loved and supported them. Reconciliation after an affair takes years to fully take place if both partners agree to work together. Transparency provides a forum of providing open and honest communication in a relationship that is severely threatened as a result of infidelity. Full transparency from a cheater is a very small price to pay given what they have dealt their partner in the relationship.

1 comment:

  1. If you know you not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife, i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my spy on my wifes phone.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all my her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to Mr James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 


    ReplyDelete